Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sister Ireland Goes to Canada!

HEY FAMILY!!!

Woooooooooooooooooo!!! So many things have happened so far. The plane that I boarded was a small plane...s.m.a.l.l.....so, I was a little nervous, because sometimes it's no bueno being in a small plane 38,000 ft in the air! I just understood that they have problems here and there, BUT since I'm writing to you rest assured you can know that I'm still alive. Calgary is very flat, green, and temperature right now is perfect. It's about 70 degrees or so with NO humidity, hooray! I met Sis. Archibald at the airport and she's great! As we were traveling to the mission home she gave us info about the mission and Canada itself. When we arrived at the mission home I really felt the spirit and His comfort as a I walked into that home. I felt like I was home and that this was the right place to be. We had a scrumptious lunch and then went downstairs for our missionary orientation, which was very informative and very long :) Afterwards we headed upstairs, had a great dinner and then headed the chapel a few blocks away to meet our new trainers. While waiting in the chapel for the meeting to start I was feeling very nervous, so to push out those negative thoughts I opened the hymn book and started reading. I came across the song, "Because I Have Been Given Much" and it totally related to missionary work I'm about to do. While I was reading those lyrics part of the second verse talks about sharing my glowing fire, my loaf of bread, my roof's safe shelter over head, that he to may be comforted. That's how my life has been in the Gospel. I've had plenty of fire, bread and shelter....so why not share it? So, that took the edge off to my nervousness.

At the end of the meeting I opened my call and I'm serving in Tuscany, which is the west side of Calgary and my trainer is Sis. Riley. I'm with her right now and she's a really cool sister, and I think that it's going to be a good experience learning from her. I want to write more, but next Tuesday is when I'll give you more info.

Love you!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment