Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wha? Canada?!


Turning in my mission papers was a nightmare. Delay after delay after delay!!!!! But, finally I turned in my papers and I was so excited about where I was going to be called. It was my dream that I would be called to the land of leprechauns and discovering a pot o' gold at the end of every rainbow I came across in Ireland! Finally, the day arrived. All of my family and friends were there when I opened my call to.............(drum roll please).............the Calgary Canada Mission!

I remember when I read those words (and I feel guilty saying this but it's the truth!) I was kind of disappointing. "Canada?! This is lame sauce! That's not exciting or adventurous at all!!! What about my leprechaun friends and my mug of virgin ale at the pub?!" SO, the pictures of me opening my mission call is sort of an act. Yes. I didn't want to show everyone the disappointment I felt and not leaking crocodile tears like I had when my Grandma gave me an Olympic Barbie Doll for Christmas when I was seven. Woof. After opening my call I decided to be in my room for a little while to think things through. Eventually, my sister, Anne, came into my room and asked what was wrong. I told her that I felt guilty that I was disappointing about my call. She said that it was completely normal, to give it some time to soak in and eventually I would be excited about where I was going. What she said comforted me and I had a better night after that conversation...what are big sisters for? :)

I don't know why the Lord has specifically called me to serve in Calgary Canada. But, I know deep down that what I'm doing is right and the Lord is sending me there for a specific purpose that I'm yet to discover as I serve His children.


No comments:

Post a Comment