Monday, September 20, 2010

The Field is White in Tuscany!‏

Hi Family!

I'd like to share two cool experiences that Sis. Hill and I had this past week. We decided to stop by a potential investigators house but she wasn't home. So, we decided that we would knock doors nearby her house. While we were walking I noticed this man pulling his recycling bin back to his house and he gave us a smile as we were going to the next door. After knocking at three doors with no success we were heading back to our car and I had the impression that we should go to the home where that man went to. So, we walked back, knocked on the door and his wife answered. Sis. Hill started talking about the Church and she seemed interested but told us that they were busy and to come back another time. I received the impression to give her a Book of Mormon...and she accepted it! So, we are going back soon to see if they really are interested and hopefully teach them a lesson.

Alright, now the BIG ONE! So, Sis. Hill and I were looking at the area map a few days ago and she had a good feeling to go to this specific area and tract it. Yesterday we went to that specific place and the first door we knocked at an older woman answered the door. She was very nice and as we talked to her for a little bit she started to cry. Her husband had passed away this January and it has been a hard for her to heal. She let us in her home and we talked with her for about an hour. Her name is Iris* and she is a very sweet woman that has been raised Lutheran most of her life, but has stopped going once her husband became ill and passed away. She has the mind set that if she can get her 'ducks in a row' she'll be able to go back to her church. She didn't want us to teach her a lesson BUT she doesn't mind us coming back to help her out....which is the perfect opportunity to serve her and teach her more about the Gospel. This situation looks very promising and we're hoping that we can help her come to our church and be able to teach her more. Bit by bit though. So, the FIELD IS WHITE IN TUSCANY!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! We've both showed Heavenly Father our faith by being willing to talk to anyone that we see on the street and after a few weeks of doing this he's opened the door for us by leading us to Iris. Faith rocks! :)

Also, this past week Elder Zivic from the Seventy and his wife came to our mission and spoke to us for mission tour. It was a really neat experience and the Spirit was very strong.

I love you family and want to let you know that my testimony of this Gospel is getting stronger and stronger as I immerse myself in this great work. It's challenging, hard, and very cold :) but what keeps me going is that I have faith that as I do my part in serving the Lord, miracles will come to Tuscany where Sis. Hill and I serve. I believe that as I do my best to serve Him that He will continue to help me through my weaknesses and challenges that I face personally. My testimony of the Atonement is growing stronger also because it's helped heal me in many ways that at one point in my life I thought wasn't possible. We just need to show Him our faith by doing and He will help with the rest.

Love you!

Sister Ireland aka Spaghetti Ninja :)
*Names have been changed to preserve privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment