Monday, October 4, 2010

Episode III: Return of the Sister‏

Dear Family,

FIRST of all I must say that General Conference was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!! The talks that were given were definitely inspired and spiritually uplifting....someone slay the spiritual fatted calf and bring out the best remote! General Conference has returned once again! Whenever I listen to General Conference there is always a specific message that I'm able to receive, and when the Lord gives me that message through one of his servants I know that it's important to follow through on that personal counsel I've received. I hope that all of you were able to be spiritually fed personally and I know the Lord will help and support you as you're willing to obey his counsel (please see Nephi 17:3:)

Well, things have been going good in the land of Tuscany. Sis. Hill and I tracted into this young man (Ryan*) who didn't believe that there was a God BUT he was interested in hearing our message. So, on Thursday we were able to teach him and his little sister, Rachel*. Ryan is the kind of guy that likes to prove things scientifically and basically wants to prove, scientifically, that there is a God. While teaching him Sis. Hill and I said that he first needed to have faith in order to receive his personal answer....he and Rachel seemed pretty shady about that concept. They worry that if you go by 'feeling' rather than 'seeing' you might be fooling yourself. So, the lesson in and of itself didn't go anywhere because he kept finding loop holes about the things we were trying to teach him. The cool thing though is that he's willing to read the Book of Mormon so we committed him to read and pray about it. We even asked him to pray after the lesson and he did! He didn't receive any answer when praying but that's definitely one of the first steps for him to receive his answer. If he's not willing to pray with us, then most likely who won't pray by himself. He and Rachel accepted a return appointment this Tuesday and we hope that we can ask those questions to build their faith and to help them know that their Father really exists.

I can't believe how fast this transfer has flown by! Transfers are on Oct 20 and I have a feeling that I won't be with Sis. Hill for another transfer. Ha ha ha ha when we first became companions we didn't understand each other at all. Sis. Hill is the type of sister that is very logical in her thinking while I am the type of sister that thinks illogically. Not saying that I'm a crazy sister that forgot her pills at home but we have a different way of viewing things let's just say. So, the beginning of the transfer was quite interesting, but as time has gone on we both understand each other better and have become good friends. Ha ha Sis. Hill is the best! Anyways, I'll be a wee bit sad if I don't stay with her for another transfer but I've learned a lot from her and she's helped me become more confident in the work. I'm so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with two great companions so far as I'm learning to become a better instrument in his service.

Family I love you very much and appreciate the emails and letters that you write me. They make me so happy and comforted knowing that things are going well in the land of Utah. While watching the footage of General Conference it was weird to see my old abode and I thought about you a lot during this session of conference.

I love you!

Love, Sister Ireland

aka Deberella
*Names have been changed to preserve privacy

No comments:

Post a Comment