Monday, October 18, 2010

Sister Canada

Ahoy family!

Well, I'm going to dispel the controversy of why I didn't write yesterday since I'm pretty sure that everyone is worried and are at the edge of their seats this very moment. We had Thanksgiving yesterday! Yes, October 11 is the official day in Canada where they make merry with their family, friends, and a slaughtered turkey. Since it was on Monday Sis. Hill and I were able to have a fabulous P-day with a thanksgiving dinner to tie it off with a member in our ward. Plus to make things more interesting and fun the Prime Minister of Canada came to his abode for the holiday. So, our street was monitered by his undercover people and it was the BEST. We were practically living on the safest street in Tuscany for the past few days. And to make things even cooler Sis. Hill and I were doing a morning jog by a huge ravine that is behind our house AND the Prime Minister's...I made the prediction that we were probably being watched by undercover people who were hiding in the ravine...and it turns out that I was right! We learned from someone in our ward that they really do place people in the ravine...so....we were not alone that early morning......

This past week and up to this point has been very challenging but rewarding. As a mission we have the goal of every companionship getting one baptism for this month of October. In our zone Sis. Hill and I and two other companionships do not have a baptismal date for this month so far. So here's the deal, we have to find someone to teach THIS WEEK in order for them to be baptized this month, because if they say 'yes' to being baptized they need to at least attend church twice. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! So this past week we've been working hard at trying to find people to teach with not much success. This past Saturday we went to Valley Ridge to see if we could find anyone and also teach some members in that area. To me it felt like Valley Ridge chewed us and spit us out. No one was interested in talking to us and hardly any of the members were home. I remember coming home at the end of the day feeling pretty low and my faith was weak. While saying my personal prayers I just poured out to Heavenly Father that I felt that my faith was very weak and I needed his help to make it strong. I noticed throughout the next day that my faith in Him felt more secure and strong as I did those things I needed to do to be closer to Him. I didn't feel discouraged and felt more hopeful about the future and that He would provide a way for Sis. Hill and I to find someone to teach. I know that when I sincerely poured out my soul to Him in prayer that it made all the difference in my attitude and perception. It helps build my testimony that He does hear my prayers and desires to answer them, I just need to humble myself and come to Him first. I notice in the scriptures when the Saviour says, "Come unto me," we need to make the choice of whether we'll come to him or not. He is there and is ready to receive us, but we ourselves need to make the steps towards Him.

So, to show Heavenly Father that we needed His help to fulfull this goal we fasted for his special blessing this past Sunday. This Monday we received a referral from the mission office that there is a woman in Tuscany who would like to meet with the missionaries! In Tuscany we hardly ever get referalls...until yesterday! The woman who called in the referal said that she had a conversation with her friend who is trying to find a religion.... :) We'll be stopping by her home later on today. Heavely Father definitely blessed Sis. Hill and I as we did our best in trying to find people and has rewarded our faith by giving us an opportunity to teach someone who is searching. Perhaps this lady maybe baptized this month or maybe not, regardless this has definitely been a faith building experience for me and has made me stronger. And to add to that Sis. Hill and I were able to come into a less active man's home and taught he and his wife. Throughout the lesson we would ask them questions and he would always turn to his wife and have her give the answer. Well, near the end of the message we asked another question and this time she turned to him and waited for him to give an answer. The answer that he gave was amazing and the spirit was strong in the room. Afterwards he invited us to come over to dinner next Monday at their home and we're really excited! Also, we stopped by a less active members home and had the opportunity to talk with her for a while. She's very open and doesn't mind us coming over again when we have time to do so. HAZZAR!!!!!!!! The Lord has provided miracles for Sis. Hill and I these past few days and it's built my faith in seeing his hand working in our area of Tuscany.

Love you!

Sister Ireland aka Debbie can you turn a movie on for us? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment